Friday, September 13, 2013

Teaching Math 5H: UNIT 2 Limits Quarter I Week 3

Teaching Math 5H
UNIT 2 Limits

Quarter I Week 3: 9/23-9/27
We finished UNIT 2 with a test! Our last topic concerned the existence of the derivative. BTW, we start with UNIT 2 since UNIT 1 is just a review of PreCalculus. We did a bit of that in 106 and 107 on Conics and Polar Notation.

Quarter I Week 2: 9/16-9/20
We are almost finished with UNIT 2: Continuity and Differentiablility! We demostrated the Power Rule using the Definition of the Derivative as the limit of the Difference Quotient. We even started the Trig Rules!


Quarter I Week 1: 9/9-9/13
AP Calculus BC started with a preCalc review in the form of the topic of Conic Sections! This is a great topic to review Cartesian and Polar Coordinates, as well as some algebra, trig and TI89 usage!

Our first YouTube Wednesdays this year are filks by Tom Lehrer!






I know Fridays aren't YouTube Wednesdays, but I had to show the following filks about continuity and differentiability!





ScreenCasts and SmartNotes and Code, 
oh my:
Below, you will usually find ScreenCasts from this week. SmartNotes are from a previous year's TI89 based course. We don't code much in this class except for programming the TI89.

















Well, that's all folks!

No comments:

Post a Comment