Wednesday, April 1, 2015

2015 PAEMST Application Cycle Ending Soon!

OOPS, I did it again? I've been uncharacteristically quiet about PAEMST 2015. If you recall, I applied for the first time in 2013. Please have a look at this blog post about my last application cycle. If you need more general information about PAEMST, please see this post

This year's nomination cycle started 10/1/2014 and ended 4/1/2015. The application cycle started 11/1/2014 and is about to end on 5/1/2015. I started my application right away with the class video! So, I've been working on this application for about 5 months! 

You can see the class video posted above, and here's the ScreenCast from the same lesson. Regular readers of this blog will recall that most of my blog posts are summaries of the last week or two of class material including ScreenCasts, SmartNotes and SageCells from any lesson with new material. Editing and re-editing the video took all of November.



The last thing I did was the "Dimensions of Outstanding Teaching" essay describing and critiquing the video. I don't know why I put it off for so long, but I did! I wrote 20 pages last Saturday. The problem is that I'm only allowed 12 pages. So, I paired down the essay some what this past weekend. The essay took most of March.



I'll spare you the details about all of the online forms regarding District-Wide DemoGraphics, Classroom DemoGraphics, Proof of Employment, Biographical Information, just to name a few!

I spent the better part of November-March getting Letters of Recommendation.







I spent most of February assembling 10 Supplementary Documents that I cited in the essay. These documents are similar to the Professional Artifacts Collection (PAC) we compile for our Annual Professional Performance Review (APPR) and the NYS Teacher Evaluation based on HighlyEffective-Effective-Developing-Improving (HEDI) scores and Student Learning Objective (SLO) results!









SAMPLE FROM MY BLOG:


SAMPLE FROM MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL:


SAMPLE SAGECELL:


SAMPLE LIMACON CONFERENCE PROGRAM:

Last, but not least, I needed to upload an updated resume!


2014 Resume from A Jorge Garcia

UPDATE:
from: info@paemst.org 
Tuesday, May 05, 2015 11:12 AM



Dear Teacher,


In celebrating both Teacher Appreciation Day and the end of the 2015 Presidential Awards for Excellence in Mathematics and Science Teaching (PAEMST), we wanted to take some time to say thank you for submitting your PAEMST application. Completing the PAEMST application is not an easy task, especially during this busy time of year. Thank you for taking the time to showcase the great work that you are doing in your classroom.


Applications will now be sent to your State Coordinators to be reviewed in State Selection Committees during May and June. While the timing varies from state to state, your State Coordinators will notify you if you are selected as a State Finalist.


After state review, State Finalists are reviewed at the national level, with an announcement of National Awardees in 2016 by the White House.  


If you have any questions, please feel free to reach out to your State Coordinators. Contact information can be found at https://www.paemst.org/coordinator/find_coordinator .


We once again commend you on the commitment you placed into completing your application and for the dedication you exhibit each day to the students in your classroom.


Sincerely,


Dr. Nafeesa Owens, PAEMST Program Lead

and the PAEMST Team



855-723-6780 (PAEMST-0)






Well, that's all folks.


Generally Speaking,

No comments:

Post a Comment