Saturday, August 31, 2013

PAEMST: The application is finally done!

AUGUST UPDATE

Congrats to the NYS Finalists! The list was published last week.

APRIL UPDATE



I haven't been able to blog for the last few weeks as I was finishing the PAEMST essay! It's a 12 page PDF. I know that sounds like a lot, but I could barely fit all I had to say into those 12 pages! I was given a MS Word file as a template. This file had 12 pt font, 14 question prompts, 1" margins as well as headers and footers already setup. I could not change any of it, so there wasn't a lot of room. 

Dimension 1 had 3 prompts and was limited to 3 pages. Dimension 2 had 3 prompts and was also limited to 3 pages. Dimension 3 had 3 prompts and was also limited to 3 pages. However, Dimension 4 had 3 prompts and was limited to only 2 pages. Finally, Dimension 5 had 2 prompts and was limited to 1 page! 

The Essay had to reference 10 supplemental pages (see below) and time stamps from the lesson video (see above). Have a look at all the documents I uploaded to the PAEMST website:

Supplemental Page 1:

Supplemental Page 2:

Supplemental Page 3:


Supplemental Page 4:

Supplemental Page 5:


Supplemental Page 6:

Supplemental Page 7:

Supplemental Page 8:

Supplemental Page 9:

Supplemental Page 10:







Generally Speaking,
Sincerely,
A. Jorge Garcia
 
Applied Math, Physics and CS
Teaching with Technology, 



No comments:

Post a Comment