Saturday, October 22, 2011

Move over YouTube Wednesday! Here comes Ted Tuesday!




I am known for my YouTube Wednesdays at school. I like to break up the monotony once a week with a short video from YouTube at least remotely related to what we are learning at the time. There are many educational and funny videos on YouTube that lend themselves to this treatment. Its great when such a  video sparks a discussion in class! 

This year, for the first time, I have a class that meets every other day. Calculus Research Lab misses out on YouTube Wednesdays when they meet on Tuesdays. So, I started showing Ted.com videos. Ted videos are very informative and engaging and are by professionals in their fields talking about their research. I have only shown a few (see below) related to technology or science. The last Ted video below is linked from YouTube as there was no share button.

The very last video listed below is not actually a Ted video. This video is from http://www.igniteshow.com which has similar posts. IgniteShow also airs videos on BBC TV.












Teaching with Technology, 

No comments:

Post a Comment